- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
University Energy Manager
Boise State's Campus Operations Division is dedicated to meeting the needs ofour students while providing a quality campus experience. A divisionfocused on the future, Campus Operations' mission is to provide a constructive,memorable and safe environment where students can pursue their educationalgoals. Our division oversees the grounds, facilities, campus services andoperations, and strives toward constant improvement and attention to detail tocreate an exceptional atmosphere for our students. Additionally, we areentrusted with building an institution of higher learning, while helpingstudents reach their futures.
Position Overview:The Energy Engineerwill work closely with Facilities Operations, A&E Services, EnvironmentalHealth, Safety and Sustainability, the Budget Office and campus clients toaudit, design, manage and develop building energy improvements to reduce energycosts. The technologies include all facets of utilities and energy reduction,including lighting, HVAC, EMS controls, lighting controls, water, geothermal,renewables, compressed air and other energy solutions. They may also be involved in the programmingor commissioning of the systems we install, including retrofit of buildings ornew construction.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Utility Management andReporting – Represents the organization as the subject matter expert incollaboration with Campus Operations and other campus teams in effectivelymanaging campus utilities.
- Assists in efforts toassess and develop effective deferred maintenance, building assessment, preventativemaintenance and mechanical systems strategic plans.
- Evaluation of existingelectrical, mechanical and other facility systems. Develop strategic service and replacementplans.
- Actively participates indepartmental training activities and fully understands and supports the campusvalues and commitment to customer service and collaboration with the campuscommunity.
- Identify and evaluateenergy efficiency, cost savings opportunities.
- Investigate, analyze,audit, and document energy use, and develop conservation reduction measures forenergy and water.
- Conduct detailedengineering analysis including baseline profiles, end-use analysis, and retrofit analysis. Prepare and present technical content, proposals, analysis, andfeasibility reports.
- Calculate and estimatevarious incentives for campus clients to implement energy reduction projects.Take initiative to understand and learn about existing and new energy savingtechnologies, and calculate and analyze the energy savings they create.
- Sustainability Initiatives– Serves as the subject matter expert in support of the campus SustainabilityProgram including planning, developing and deploying prototype efforts.
- Responds to emergencycalls during and after hours as required.
Knowledge, Skills& Abilities:
- Possess a strongtechnical background in electrical and/or mechanical engineering systems andapplies project management skills and processes effectively. Develops and identifies energy efficiency andcost-effective measures while promoting and executing campus wide energy andsustainability initiatives and goals.
- Calculates and presentscost-analysis and energy savings reports and life/cycle costs for engineeringsystems while also performing complex engineering calculations and system performancemodeling. Analyzes and models energy andutility usage for forecasting, budgeting and cost accounting/billing purposes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent AND five (5) years of professionalexperience INCLUDING one (1) year of managerial experience.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Master’s Degree inMechanical or Electrical Engineering and four (4) years of experience managingutility systems.
- Certified Energy Manager(CEM) Professional Certification from the Association of Energy Engineers.
- Experience ininfrastructure planning and energy management to support the University’s goalof maintaining a sustainable operational environment.
Salary and Benefits: Salary range is $70,000to $80,000, plus an excellent benefits package is available for eligibleemployees. For more information, visit: http://hrs.boisestate.edu/careers/benefits/
- Cover letter indicatingyour interest and qualifications
- Resume which includesemployment history (including dates of employment)
Closing Date: The deadline forapplications is January 5, 2020 at 11:59 PM MST.
More About Boise State University - https://www.boisestate.edu/career-landing/
Job Category: Campus Planning & Facilities (Professional)
Department: Campus Facilities
Closing Date: Jan 5, 2020, 11:59:00 PM
- customer service
- ms project