- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Requisition ID: 218383
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Today, our colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
As the organization that reaches all our employees, the Human Resources department has a special role in capitalizing on opportunities and creating the future for Bechtel.
Bechtel is seeking an experienced University Relations Recruitment Manager to join us in our Reston, Virginia office. This position is responsible for leading the global campus recruiting team and providing direction that will enable us to attract top tier talent in an era of rapid change. We are seeking an individual who is not afraid to make innovative recommendations and who will also take a data-driven approach to campus recruitment. The successful candidate will have leadership experience with a proven track record of generating results aligned to global campus recruitment goals. This is an exciting opportunity for a bold, detail-oriented individual who understands the potential impact of a corporate internship recruitment program as well as the importance of providing a positive candidate experience.
• Manages the unique full lifecycle recruitment efforts needed to quickly hire early career candidates including sourcing, pre-screening, interviewing, and extension of offers
• Leads a high performing university relations global talent acquisition team and hold them accountable for understanding and promoting university and early career hiring
• Ensure that recruitment strategies are being enacted by the team
• Influence university relations team to build candidate relationships to enhance candidate experience
• Ensure an efficient recruiting process is in place including intake sessions with hiring managers, pre-screening of candidates, interviews with manager feedback and offer negotiations.
• Create and foster relationships with various professional organizations to attract and recruit niche candidates
• Participate in the development of ongoing creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies
• Responsible for resolving escalated issues as they arrive
• Stay informed of trends and innovative early career recruiting techniques in order to be competitive in state-of-the-art university recruiting practices.
• Evaluate university relations talent acquisition metrics as needed to provide updates to HR Business Partners and Hiring managers
• A Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in Talent Acquisition OR 14+ years of overall experience in lieu of a degree with 10+ years of experience in talent acquisition
• 3+ years of experience managing a global talent acquisition team
• 4+ years of international university relations full life-cycle recruitment experience
• Knowledge of regional employment laws & compliance requirements
• Significant experience in passive student sourcing techniques and assessing talent
• Relevant experience developing innovative campus recruitment campaigns and strategies
• Prior experience working with senior level management
• Experience recruiting for unique and complex intern positions
• Demonstrated familiarity with high volume and fast paced environments
• Must have the ability to quickly learn systems, processes, and procedures
• Strong external/internal networking and collaboration skills
• Demonstrated understanding of functional organization, matrix structure and organizational culture
• Up to 25% travel required
• Current AIRS (Advanced Internet Recruitment Strategies) and/or recruiting certification
• Hold expert level of knowledge in all full lifecycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, assessing, job analysis, etc.
• Behavioral Interviewing techniques
• Trained on Talent Acquisition systems & software (Success Factors, Applicant Tracking System, Candidate Relationship Management etc.)
• Experience working with
About the company
Is the largest construction and civil engineering company in the United States, ranking as the 4th-largest privately owned company in the United States.