- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Antonio
We are helping one of the most renowned organisations recruit a Unix System Administrator.
The successful candidate will ensure that the systems are maintained and managed as well as resolving service affecting issues, implement changes to the systems and build new systems and environments when appropriate.
- Technical assistance
- Deliver change to the business using a continuous improvement workflow
- Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Systems infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models.
- Create documentation
- Troubleshooting problems to help find and fix root causes.
- Implementation of system changes
- Operating system patching and maintenance
- Respond to and resolve incidents and problem tickets.
- Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Unix Systems across all tiers, under minimal supervision
- Linux Administration (Centos or Redhat)
- Solaris 10 administration
- Apache HTTPD
- Shell scripting (bash, python, perl, or ksh)
- operating system
About the company
At EngineerCore, we offer talent and employment opportunities on a contract, contract–to–hire, and a direct–hire basis focusing on niche recruiting markets within the Engineering, Construction, Natural Resources and Energy Community.
We cater to all types of Engineering, from Mechanical to Civil, whilst also identifying job openings in other sectors such as construction, oil and gas and operations/operational support.