- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Fort Worth
USMD part of OptumCare is a multi-specialty group of hospital, clinics and physicians. USMD serves the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area with more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners, and provides healthcare services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at its 2 hospitals, 4 cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics, many of which are multi-specialty.
As part of the multi-disciplinary team, the Urologist will provide medical diagnostic and therapeutic care and service, referring consultations for specialty care, and education and preventive care advice to all patients served. The performance will be tracked and comparatively reported using metrics related to the strategic direction and operational needs of the organization.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
- Determines abnormal conditions by administering or ordering diagnostic tests, such as x-rays and laboratory studies; interpreting test results
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; discussing family planning; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance
- Obtains medical histories and performs physical examinations
- Diagnoses and treats acute health problems such as infections and injuries
- Diagnoses and treats, and monitors chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Orders, performs, and interprets diagnostic studies such as lab work and x-rays
- Prescribes medications, administers injections, and other treatments as directed by the physician
- Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information. Posttest and examination results
- Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation
- Manages medical and surgical emergencies
- Attends required meetings and participates in team activities and professional development activities
- Performs any other job-related duties as assigned
- Medical Degree from accredited university
- Current, unrestricted license
Careers with USMD. If you’re idea of a great day at work involves putting great new ideas to work, we should talk. Throughout the greater Dallas area, we’ve built an evolving, integrated health care model that brings primary care and specialist providers together to work in new and better ways. A thriving part of OptumCare and the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, our multi-specialty group of hospitals, clinics and providers features more than 250 physicians and associate practitioners. We provide health care services to patients in more than 20 different specialties at our two hospitals, four cancer treatment centers and nearly 50 physician clinics. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Urologist, Terrant, TX, Texas