- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Thousand Oaks
Working with limited supervision, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing high quality, scientifically rigorous resources that adhere to internal guidelines, SOPs, policies and industry regulations.
This will include, but not limited to:
Reviewing field-based promotional and educational materials for scientific accuracy as part of the Material Approval and Compliance (MAC)
Responding to escalations from the US call center to help address external customer questions regarding Amgen products and pipeline molecules
Developing de novo US Core Content to be used in regional medical communications and/or regionalizing global GCC resources for Medical Information and Regional Medical Liaisons
Executing regional congress deliverables, disease state education programs and developing/adapting scientific content for online resources (e.g. websites, microsites, virtual congresses)
This role requires the ability to collaborate in a dynamic environment with multiple global and regional cross-functional teams, as well as to manage external providers and project-associated budgets.
Some travel may be required — approximately 10%.
Master’s degree and 3 years of Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research experience
Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research experience
Associate’s degree and 10 years of Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research experience
• Doctorate degree (PhD, PharmD, MD, DO) with one or more years of cumulative experience in Medical/Scientific Affairs, Clinical Development, Clinical Research, patient care, and/or basic research.
• Prior experience in Medical Affairs or Clinical Development within the biopharmaceutical industry (or clinical experience) in the Cardiovascular disease area
• Understanding of Scientific Communications projects including disease state education programs, advisory boards, congress/publication plans, and RML resources
• Understanding of Medical Information capabilities, literature surveillance, adverse event and product complaints requirements
• Experience with marketed products and late-stage pipeline products
• Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and the ability to critically analyze the scientific literature to form logical opinions and communicate key business and clinical information at multiple levels
• An understanding of the pharmaceutical commercialization process and knowledge of the legal and regulatory guidelines affecting promotion of prescription products
• The ability to work in teams and interface in a dynamic environment across corporate functions
• Prior experience managing consultants and vendors is desired.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
About the company
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
For more information, visit www.amgen.com and follow us on www.twitter.com/amgen.
Special Advisory: Please be cautious of scam recruitment offers claiming to be from Amgen. Such scams may come from various sources, including fake websites and/or unsolicited emails and seek to obtain personal data or payment from victims by offering jobs that do not exist. Please be advised that Amgen would never ask for payment to progress a job application. When in doubt, please check to see if the position in question is posted on this website before applying. Additionally, please report any suspicious recruiting activity to https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and thank you for your assistance.