- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Macy’s digital business is the largest in NYC, one of the ten largest in the U.S., and has driven 10 consecutive years of double-digit growth. This is a unique opportunity to join a digital business with massive scale that is growing and investing in development. We’re buildinga new type of customer-centric shopping experience at the intersection of content, commerce, and technology to help customers find and buy things they love. As a member of the team, you will beresponsible for accelerating the growth, redefining the strategic long-term vision, and help integrate digital technology so our customers have a seamless experience across all of our retail channels.
Macy’s Inc. seeks a passionate, team-oriented UX Designer to join its Customer Experience organization to help shape the user experience design for Macys.com, Macy’s app, and Macy’s retail stores. The UX Designer helps to realize Macy’s strategic vision through the design of engaging user experiences. Candidates should have a minimum of 2 years of experience designing across digital channels.Strong candidates will have a proven track record of delivering elegant, world-class designs in a fast paced collaborative team environment, solving business goals and user needs, working and influencing in a cross-functional context, and using research and data to inform the design of user experiences. The candidate is responsible to perform other duties as assigned.
This position reports to the Manager of User Experience Design.
Essential Functions :
- Development and execution of UX design vision and deliverables within your assigned channel
- Collaboration & communication with all projects and initiatives to ensure consistency and clarity
- Designs domain experience that meets business goals and user needs (e.g. KPI’s and user success metrics).
- Effectively collaborates with managers, product managers, engineers,and researchers to define, conceptualize, and design user-facing products.
- Partners with the UX leadership team to define the domain experience and to ensure deliverables are consistent with the user experience design vision.
- Designs across web, mobile apps, and in-store environments, ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms.
- Works through domain design problems from beginning to end: conceptualizes new products and features, designs storyboards, workflows, interactions, wireframes, and high fidelity mockups based on business goals and user research.
- Work closely with the domain UX Manager and UX Lead to ensure deliverables are consistent with the overall design system.
Education / Experience:
- Experience:Minimum 2 years UX/UI design experience across consumer mobile applications, websites, or retail stores.
- Education:BA/BS in Design Required, preferably in UX related fields of HCI, Industrial Design, Product Design, Architecture or Graphic Design.
- Strong analytical and conceptual UX design skills.
- Knowledgeable of designing for mobile apps and responsive web experiences; knowledgeable of user interface design processes and methodology, including user-centered design.
- Capable of designing user experiences that support business goals and user needs.
- Ability to design high-fidelity mockups and prototypes, and iterate on user interface design and interaction flow of applications and experiences based on user feedback.
- Ability to leverage metrics, optimization, and qualitative and quantitative research to inform and validate design decisions.
- Time management and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, at various stages of their development.
- Must have a strong user experience design portfolio that demonstrates design solutions for complex problems.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills; ability to cultivate strong relationships with key business stakeholders in the organization.
- Negotiation skills across a variety of audiences; can successfully advocate solutions among peers and to executive leadership.
- Create and present documentation, findings and points of view material
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality and within budget. Other Skills:
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, highly engaged environment
What we can offer you!
- Opportunity to exposure to high visibility / impact projects
- First-hand experience to help define the future of online and physical commerce at massive scale
- Exciting, challenging problems to solve - you'll never have a boring day at the office
- A refreshingly fun work environment where you will collaborate with a smart and talented team
- A chance to learn and participate in the growth of NYC’s largest retailer
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment
About the company