- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
UX Designer - Bluprint (an NBCUniversal company)
Entertainment & Lifestyle Group
At Bluprint, we’re proud to be one of the newest members of the NBCUniversal family. Our digital platform helps people learn and be inspired by world-class experts, classes & tutorials across a wide range of creative activities, and a global community of like-minded doers.
Armed with new partners and infinite possibilities, we’re eager to continue building a customer-first lifestyle learning brand for passionate makers. We’ve only scratched the surface and we’re ready for more!
As a UX Designer, you’ll join a team of designers, PMs, and engineers who are passionate about creating engaging learning experiences for the Bluprint community. You’ll use your full range of product design, interaction design, visual design, and research skills in every phase of product development as we launch new initiatives through 2019 and beyond.
Oversee implementation of user experience from product conception to launch and post-launch design support
Design flows and visuals and individually contribute to the product and feature set
Think and design in terms of systems
Clearly articulate design decisions to a vast set of internal stakeholders
Use data to inform design - partner with product managers and researchers to seek insights that ensure the design is truly solving the right problem
Design and deploy across many platforms - from the web to mobile apps to OTT platforms
Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Brand throughout implementation of new features
• Have demonstrated experience working through UX design phases (discovery, wireframes/storyboards, prototypes, mockups)
• Have expert knowledge of Sketch or Photoshop
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Share your professional experiences and top accomplishments in one page.
• A link to your online portfolio
• In lieu of a traditional cover letter, answer the following question: Describe a time that you had a design instinct that turned out to be wrong (How did you learn this, how did you shift?)
• Ability to occasionally work outside normal business hours to meet time sensitive deadlines.
• Must be willing to work in Denver, CO. Relocation assistance available.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Have a deep understanding of design fundamentals such as composition, balance, symmetry, and whitespace
• A love for creating your own icons and illustrations
• Obsess over details and can both work within and expand Bluprint’s visual style
• Passion for designing for a smart mobile platform (iPhone/Android/TV)
Recently acquired by NBCUniversal, Bluprint features complementary and adjacent categories that champion self-expression, wellness, mindfulness, performance arts and more. Bluprint’s vast content library consists of more than 3,000 hours of original classes and produced entertainment series’ across new categories. Offering content, commerce and community with the convenience of a 24/7 delivery system, Bluprint boasts a thriving community of over 13 million members and delivers a premium experience with best-in-class instructors and like-minded creatives.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.