- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $18,000.00 - $30,000.00 unpaid work
- San Jose
Enterprise Networking is a global leader networking solutions for global enterprises. Our hardware and software products literally power the largest, most complex and pervasive networks in the world.
At Cisco, we are transforming networking from managing individual devices in the network to intent based management where policies and automation create efficiencies for our customer companies. Help us write the next chapter on Networking – the enabler of government, education, business, militaries, social progress around the world. Your work will impact millions of people every day.
What You'll Do
The User Experience Designer role is mission critical to helping create (strategy, research, design, innovation, implement, maintain, optimize) a UI/UX practice for the enterprise networking business.
Contributing with a team of UI/UX designers and testing experts, this is a role that will challenge you to push the organization’s thinking in new and user-centric ways. Working hand-in-hand with the product and engineering teams, you are responsible for identifying and designing solutions which serve Cisco clients' needs, goals and requirements for a seamless experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating and delivering a Cisco signature experience for clients.
* Work closely with a team of Product Managers and Designers (UI/UX) to create an intuitive, cohesive and seamless user experience across all products.
* Collaborate with Product Management to influence product strategy and roadmap.
* Work with the Engineering team to ensure technical business needs are met while maintaining a strong focus on the user experience.
* Advocate and be the voice of Cisco's customers in the Company's product development process.
* Distill complex problems and propose simple, elegant solutions.
* Create a signature experience for Cisco software and solutions that are aligned to the Company's brand values.
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Products and Solutions Organization at Cisco is responsible for $34B in annual revenue and the strategy, solutions and products that come along with the management and growth of that revenue. This team works across Cisco's product and technology development groups and partners to create solutions that ultimately hold supreme value for the customers. From their core business of routing, wireless and switching to their new technologies in Software Defined Networking (SDN), Connected Mobile Experience (CMX) and the Internet of Everything (IoE) - there is not an enterprise customer segment Cisco doesn't touch in some significant way. Cisco's range of customers is vast and wide…from global tech behemoths to worldwide manufacturers to local small businesses and everything in between.
Who You Are
Experience and Technical Skills
* 3+ years designing user experiences and interaction design for rich, interactive, consumer or enterprise web applications.
* A track record of success communicating and driving a design vision.
* Experience collaborating with senior executives to understand business objectives; ability to present design goals, process and vision to senior leadership.
* Expertise in defining and implementing user experience guidelines; demonstrated experience with industry/platform standards.
* Experience in conceptual development and rapid creative prototyping as well as tactical UI design and implementation.
* Project management experience; experience with various design methodologies and processes including Agile development.
Professional and Personal Attributes
* Strong communication and presentation skills.
* Proven ability to meet tight deadlines.
* Superior strategic thinking, influence and leadership skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Independent and self-motivated.
The ideal candidate experience
* Ability to effectively communicate concepts with passion and integrity. Excellent communication skills.
* Minimum of 6-8 years of experience.
* Experience working across regions/countries preferred but not required.
* Solid design history backed by delivery and execution.
* Degree or work experience equivalent in User Experience, Human Computer Interaction, Information Science or Digital Design.
About the company
At Cisco, transforming the way people work, live, play and learn also includes being a great place to work. For 17 years, we’ve been named a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, one of a handful of companies included on the list since its inception. And, we are among 25 companies acknowledged as a world’s best multinational workplace.
We’re proud of this recognition because it means, at Cisco, you will enjoy working flexibly, using our own market-leading collaboration technology to drive innovation; taking advantage of numerous health and wellness resources; pursuing exciting career opportunities, and participating in programs to help your local communities or fulfill philanthropic interests. And, you’ll be doing all of this while being part of a global team that is making a positive difference in the world.
Learn why Cisco is a great place to work and what we offer you.