- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- West Mystic
Ted’s Guide to what a UX Lead does around here
Ted’s Mission Statement
Our Mission is to build a successful company through the creation of a leading designer brand. By conducting ourselves in an efficient and courteous manner and by maintaining Ted’s high standards and integrity, we pride ourselves in always being in a position to satisfy the needs of our customer. In order to protect the ethos and persona for which we have gained an enviable reputation, we always ask ourselves the question: 'Would Ted do it that way?’
We’re Ted Baker and we’re looking for a UX Lead with exceptional talent to join our eCommerce team in London. Reporting to the Head of Content & Product, you’ll establish a culture focused on the user, delivered for mobile first and founded in research. It’s the start of an exciting time at Ted, with significant investment in tedbaker.com in the coming years and ambitions to deliver the very best shopping experience, with a twist of Ted’s infamous personality. You’ll be supported by a UX agency and work alongside a development team and agency to deliver user research & design and iterate the user experience globally.
- Ownership and responsibility of the user experience across our digital platforms.
- Own the design process for our website and relationship with our UX agency, being Ted’s subject matter expert in UX.
- Manage the delivery of new design & functionality from initial concept, through research and testing, design, build and UAT with the development team & agency, A/B testing, analysis and full deployment.
- Work hands-on with the development team and agency to see viable designs through development to implementation.
- Investigate and research Ted’s customer through insights, data and dedicated UX research, to understand their needs and deliver an experience that is a step ahead of those needs.
- Collaborate with Ted’s creative and digital design teams to understand the brand, what it means to our customer and ensure the UX/UI is consistent with the brand expression.
- Manage the CRO Manager and oversee testing process and roadmap, ensuring all tests have full UX and design support and deliver actionable insight aligned to our goals.
- Develop ways of working cross-functionally to support the evolution of tedbaker.com, including the governance and process surrounding your work.
- In conjunction with the Head of Content & Product, develop a data-driven culture around the website, opening up work and progress to the business through show & tells and open work practices.
- Support the Head of Content & Product to develop the future vision for this area at Ted across a talent pipelines, roadmaps, processes and ways of working.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure new designs adhere to SEO and accessibility best practice and the architecture demands of our site.
- Be inquisitive and up to date on mobile, experience and commerce trends, exploring the developments that could help Ted’s customer in their online shopping experience.
- Support or lead on other projects as required.
- Significant experience in UX research and design, delivering exciting mobile-first eCommerce experiences
- Strong eye for digital and interaction design, and ability to bring brand personality through into usable design that exceeds accessibility standards.
- Experience with user research methods including A/B testing, prototyping and focus groups, and with UX and design tools.
- Experience of working with Agile methodology.
- Experience of leading projects across multi-disciplinary teams.
- Exemplary communicator at all levels, with the ability to tailor communication depending on the audience, influence those around you and shape direction.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and in making decisions, using multiple sources to make informed decisions with an understanding of commercial and customer outcomes.
- Building effective working relationships across the business.
- Positive outlook and proactive approach to problem solving, with examples of using initiative.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, keeping a cool head when managing multiple projects.