- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
UX-UI Designer - 90214978
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 135,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
Barclays offers investment banking products and services in the US through Barclays Capital Inc.
Barclays Values and Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our websitewww.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
Overall Purpose of the Role
Markets have invested in building out digital platforms for colleagues and clients. The Digital Experience Designer will advise on UX/UI design to improve functionalities and drive adoptions for our digital products.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Partner with business users to gather requirements and user journeys
• Design sketches, wireframes and interactive prototypes to inform product development
• Be a conceptual thinker and inspire colleagues and stakeholders
• Partner with client-facing technology team to improve FlightDeck UX/UI design, improve functionalities, and drive adoption of newly developed functionalities
• Proactive in solving problems effectively and constantly push for a customer-centric approach whilst delivering on required business objectives
• Identify and implement process improvements within the team
• Work closely with business stakeholders, challenging business propositions through clear reasoning and evidence to help influence the direction of projects
• Communicate effectively with design and development teams, business analysts, solutions architects, product owners
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
Collaborate with technology team, product team to develop innovative solutions to improve user experiences
Engage business users to uncover user needs and improve user experience
Decision-making and Problem Solving
Proactive in solving problems effectively and balance short-term deliverable and strategic goals
• 4-year college degree, 5+ years experience in UX/UI design
• CSS Expert/frameworks – Bootstrp, Materialize, Angular Material, Bulma
• Experience in user experience research, interaction design, visual design
• Proficient with tools including Sketch, Photoshop
• Mobile development experience including Android, iOS
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.