- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
A Valet Clerk is responsible for answering the telephone at the Guest Services Valet Desk. Oversees valet attendant rotations, logs keys, files keys and handles guest transportation requests. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receives calls from guests, vendors, and team members requiring assistance and dispatches guest service valet team members to handle requests.
- Maintains logs, stores and maintains vehicle keys.
- Assistsguests that arrive at the desk to request assistance or ask a question. Makes service request calls to a variety of hotel departments.
- Maintains Valet Attendant rotation system and monitors posting positions and rotation.
- Processes payment / posting for valet parking associated fees.
- Complies with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management. Maintains house bank in accordance with policy. Complies with accounting guidelines regarding receipt and distribution of tips on behalf of tipped valet team members.
- Uses hotel network efficiently as an information resource to keep current on hotel events, hours of operation, guest information and communications through email.
- Provides Valet service assistance during busy periods.
- Must have open availability to work any and all shifts including but not limited to first (AM), second/swing (PM), or Overnight (Graveyard) shifts. Schedule will be based on seniority and days off will vary from week to week. Must be available to work weekends and holidays as needed.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
Prior hospitality and guest service experience preferred. Experience with handling multi-line telephones. Must be computer literate and able to utilize Microsoft Office Suite of programs (Outlook, Excel, Word).
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Must have a valid driver''s license and a clean driver''s abstract. Must be able to drive a manual (standard transmission) vehicle.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Applicants with additional language skills preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for the duration of the work shift.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and assignments.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We''re passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We''re leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We''re team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We''re the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!