- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Significant experience with project and process improvement exercises.
Project improvement experience must include extensive application of Value Engineering principles as defined by SAVE International.
Process improvement experience should include application of LEAN Six Sigma principles.
Exposure to optimization efforts in a majority of the following capital project categories:
- Design-build projects
- DOD and military facilities
- K-12 schools
- Colleges and universities
- Hospitals, medical, or healthcare facilities
- Water/wastewater infrastructure
- Transportation/transit infrastructure
- Correctional/judicial facilities
- Laboratories and research facilities
- Projects exceeding $50 million in construction value
Significant experience in the design and construction industry and evidence of progressive career development.
Ability to work and collaborate with construction managers, contractors, owners, and designers.
Must have a thorough understanding of concepts used to evaluate alternatives on capital projects, such as life cycle costing, total cost of ownership, and economic analysis.
Extensive knowledge in development of construction specifications and drawings for capital projects.
Experience with design-build and design-bid-build project delivery methods.
Leads and/or supports process optimization assignments from inception through final completion.
Participates in company activities and initiatives.
Bachelor's degree in industry-related field, advanced degree preferred.
Certified Value Specialist (CVS) from SAVE International strongly preferred.
Other supporting licensure and certifications desired include:
- LEAN Six Sigma certification(s)
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Registered Architect (RA)
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This individual must:
- Possess outstanding oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with all internal and external clients.
- Maintain effective client relationships based on professionalism, responsiveness, and ethical conduct.
- Ability to coordinate an effective agenda for meetings/workshops based on objectives and goals.
- Be skilled in meeting/workshop facilitation.
- Be skilled in identifying appropriate multi-disciplined teams.
Have ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Be available to travel up to 30%.
Reports to the Area Manager.
Able to work independently, seeking guidance and direction when required from Director of Optimization Strategies.
MBP is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer.PandoLogic.
Keywords: Engineering Project Manager, Location: Fairfax, VA
- ms project
- project manager