- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Mountain View
The Content Operations and Policy team ensures a safe and high quality experience for Play Store users through continuously improving the scaled operational human review processes, which enforce and remove harmful content while providing support to App Developers.
Our team of Operations Managers, Program Managers and Process Excellence Specialists work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to support products across Platforms and Ecosystems (including Play Apps, Games and Media, and Entertainment). We are all about focusing on the user.
You quickly adapt and respond to changes as well as internal initiatives, and thrive in an ever-changing, fast-growing operational environment, making decisions with the willingness to manage deliverables across teams. In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop skills in operations, vendor management, BPO industry,
negotiations, and influencing.
Google Play offers music, movies, books, apps and games for devices, powered by the cloud. It syncs across devices and on the web. As part of the Android and Mobile team, Googlers working on Google Play do everything from engineering our backend systems, to shaping product strategy, to forming great content partnerships. They make it possible for people to do things like buy an ebook or song on their Android phone, then have it instantly available on their laptop. The Google Play team enhances the Android ecosystem by giving developers and partners a premium store where they can reach millions of users.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in business analytics, solution modeling, financial analysis, or business strategy.
- Experience with datasets and using spreadsheets, designing business strategy to inspect the business, running quarterly business reviews, and building pricing strategy.
- Experience with querying languages and using business intelligence or visualization tools.
- MBA with 5 years of relevant work experience managing large-scale and dynamic operational projects, with competing resources, priorities and changing workflows.
- 2 years of experience working with vendors, partners, or clients as an analyst or in an analytical role.
- Experience with project management and program management.
- Industry experience with content review, abuse, and security.
- Ability to create long-lasting relationships with team members, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, and present and influence stakeholders and executives.
- Exceptional leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Manage, develop, and refine the vendor financial management platform to capture all head count and spend per vendor, track it, produce analysis, insights, and business reports that help stakeholders make business decisions.
- Co-lead regular business reviews in partnership with Workflow Vendor Managers, and lead vendor financial reviews to present to management and Finance.
- Design vendor strategy based on vendor evaluation, scorecards, and SWOT analysis.
- Lead strategy to obtain desired vendor behavior, and partner with the Procurement and Legalteam to finalize/refine agreements.
- Understand business requirements, implement new processes, contribute to ongoing process improvements, and manage vendor to deliver service, SLAs, and reporting.
About the company
Google is not a conventional company, and we don't intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world's most successful organizations - a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind - but even as we continue to grow, we're committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success.
We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards. Googlers thrive in small, focused teams and high-energy environments, believe in the ability of technology to change the world, and are as passionate