- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
What you’ll be doing...
We are looking to hire a Vendor Relationship Manager to join the IT Managed Services Governance Team. This team manages the overall relationship with a key IT provider. The candidate in this role will be responsible to ensure that Verizon gets the expected business value from this relationship.
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Manage/govern key components of a large IT outsourcing contract (application development and maintenance)
- Develop strong working relationships with key vendor contacts
- Manage provider on risks, issues, and action items
- Track submission of deliverables and obligations from vendor
- Conduct and assist vendor relationship meetings
- Support ongoing discussions and negotiations with vendor on behalf of Verizon IT stakeholders
- Verizon IT stakeholder Management
- Work with internal Verizon IT team to understand their needs as it relates to vendor
- Mitigate risks/issues raised by Verizon IT team through effective vendor management
- Track key KPIs (delivery, financial, innovation, etc.) of vendor for Verizon IT team and share results
- Assist Verizon IT team with ongoing vendor governance activities (e.g. Demand Management, Performance Management, Financial Management, etc.)
- Additional Stakeholder Management
- Work with Verizon stakeholders (HR, Finance, Sourcing, Security, Legal, etc.) and ensure vendor compliance with their needs
- Provide periodic updates to various stakeholders
- Provide inputs and thought leadership re: vendor governance program
- Identify best practices
- Leverage learning across engagement
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in managing vendor relationships.
- Willingness to travel upto approximately 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Knowledge of key contract areas for IT managed services (KPIs, Demand Management, Financial Management, etc.)
- Strong relationship management skills with both internal stakeholders and external vendors.
- Ability to identify and manage risks and issues.
- Knowledge of operational and financial performance measures.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.