- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Human Resources
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 19030413
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Human Resources Advisor provides end-to-end support within the Markets Division. Individual will work closely with our Specialist Functions in Compensation, Learning & Development, Recruitment, Program management and Talent to provide partnership to the business on anything people-related. This includes Employee Relations, Performance Management, Talent Management, Lateral Recruitment, and Year-End Compensation Planning.
- Develop key business partnerships and lead initiatives that build capabilities in staffing, identifying/building talent, performance management, aligning/defining organizational structure and management effectiveness
- Assess existing structure and suggest solutions to better align people resources with business strategy (right people in right jobs).
- Interpret what HR strategies are necessary to deliver the business results and translate business strategy into HR priorities.
- Drive the alignment of objectives, work, and communications across the organization.
- Analyze data sources to seek opportunities for business improvement.
- Drive HR capability by collaborating with other members of the HR team to develop and implement new and/or improved programs and processes.
- Change Orientation - works effectively in the face of ambiguity, shifting priorities, and rapid change; maintains a positive outlook in difficult situations; a change agent.
- Business Advisor who has experience interfacing and influencing at the senior manager level.
- Strong partnership skills both with the business and within the HR function.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in Generalist capacity with experience in partnering with senior leaders in the development of HR strategies.
- Results Oriented - able to define goals and metrics, develop actionable plans and manage work to achieve desired outcomes; has a sense of urgency and fosters the same in others.
- Communications - able to articulate ideas clearly and succinctly in a variety of settings and styles.
- Accountability - assumes ownership for achieving personal results and collective goals.
- Teamwork - acts as a catalyst for formulating a cooperative environment to achieve a common purpose.
- Strong communication, influence, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated track record of developing and managing relationships with clients.
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and follow up.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong technical skills including Microsoft Office; in particular Excel.
- Minimum BS in Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or related field.
- business administration
- human resources