- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $100,000.00 - $125,000.00 gross per year
- MORRISVILLE UNITED STATES
- Strategic Communications
- Development and implementation of an integrated strategic communications and marketing plan designed to tell the story of the USO of North Carolina.
Broaden awareness and knowledge of our programs and their impact.
Increase visibility though the use of all communication platforms and reach new audiences unfamiliar to the USO of NC.
- Public Relations / Media Relations
- Lead all aspects of media relations and public relations.
Develop and implement a public relations strategy that celebrates our 80th Anniversary.
Leverage existing relationships and build new ones with journalists, influencers, editorial boards, and other media outlets.
Act as spokesperson for the USO of NC and respond to media requests.
Develop press/information kits, news releases and fact sheets that are engaging and help tell the USO of NC story.
Liaison directly with the USO national office and our USO offices throughout the state.
- Responsible for developing and implementing a strategic marketing plan that both supports development goals and our 80th anniversary strategic communications plan.
Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring comprehensive marketing programs that will enhance our image and brand awareness with key supporters and influencers.
- Thought Leadership
- Develop thought leadership platforms that help tell our story across the state and nationally.
Establish and maintain relationships relevant to the organization.
Identify and secure key speaking opportunities and draft speeches, op-eds and articles for submission for publications, outlets, social media sites and our website.
- Employee Relations : Provide leadership, direction and expertise on communication to our employees and volunteers through the innovative use of various communication methods to include town halls, newsletters, video, and meetings.
- Bachelor's degree minimum.
Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in communications and/or marketing.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in non-profit management.
Knowledge of communication and marketing strategies unique to nonprofit sector.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with the military services and military communities is required.
Knowledge and understanding of the USO and its programs and services.
- Must possess proven highly proficient, transparent and high integrity leadership experience and be able to create a vision and plan for the organization's communication strategy.
- Excellent and demonstrated written and oral communication skills, problem-solving abilities, strategic management experience and organizational development skills required.
- Uphold sound moral conduct by demonstrating personal integrity, honesty and loyalty to the United States of America and the American Armed Forces.
- public relations
- social media