- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
Vice President - Technology - 90219205
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:22 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 135,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
For further information about Barclays, please visit our website www.barclays.com.
Barclays offers investment banking products and services in the US through Barclays Capital Inc.
Barclays Values and Diversity
Our common purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way. We’ll measure and reward our people, not just on commercial results, but on how they live our Values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship and bring them to life every day. To find out more about working at Barclays and the development opportunities we offer please visit our website www.barclays.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
Overall Purpose of the Role
A VP in the Technology group will gain a broad understanding of the investment banking business by working on a variety of assets and assignments across the Technology industry. VP’s participate as full members of teams engaged in projects such as company valuation, strategic advisory and execution of debt and equity offerings. The specific responsibilities of the role may include financial analysis/modeling, industry research, coordination of internal and external processes related to a financing or sale, and assistance in the preparation of offering memoranda, proposals, and other written materials.
Main duties and responsibilities
• Play a key role in financial analysis/modeling, industry research, coordination of internal and external processes related to a financing or sale, and assistance in the preparation of offering memoranda, proposals, and other written materials.
• Learn to effectively utilize available resources.
• Build and utilize strong knowledge of finance and capital markets to understand and meet client needs
• Develop effective working relationships and to demonstrate a strong commitment to the Firm’s goals and values.
• Generate innovative solutions to problems.
• Should strive to make a positive impact on the people around him or her by being a team player and an effective project manager, consistent with Barclays emphasis on a cooperative and supportive work environment. Take ownership of projects to drive a process forward, and also seek counsel from others.
• Participation in such activities as task forces, recruiting and training is an important way for Associates to broaden their exposure throughout the Firm and make a meaningful contribution to the Barclays franchise.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 3+ years of prior investment banking experience
• Minimum 3+ years of experience of working with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• MBA is preferred.
• 3+ years of Technology banking
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.