- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Washington, D.C.
ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality.
Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organising, mobilising, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organisation and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Video Associate will help support the execution of ONE’s video strategy to engage new and existing ONE supporters through compelling video storytelling. They will be an accomplished video editor with a deep knowledge of video production processes, and create videos that bring our campaigns to life, inspire our followers to take actions and increase our impact.
They will be familiar with the technical requirements of social media platforms, think mobile-first for audiences and have the expertise to produce compelling short-form and mid-form videos in a range of styles. They will also help manage our library of video and photo assets, working with multiple stakeholders on campaign projects.
The ideal candidate is a self-starting and entrepreneurial editor familiar with creating inspiring video content. They will also know how to shoot and produce if required and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced international environment while meeting production deadlines. They will be creative and passionate about video, thriving in a work environment that supports individual innovation and collaborative work with team members and colleagues around the globe. This is a full-time, exempt opportunity reporting to the Video Producer, Producer based in our Washington, DC. office.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Manage video projects working under the direction of the Video Producer – from initiation through to final deliverable incorporating feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Write provisional scripts, effectively curate feedback and edit accordingly
- Take ownership over projects, from initiation through to final deliverable, incorporating feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Self-shoot interviews with ONE staff and supporters
- Assist with live production and ONE-sponsored events
- Assist with the coordination of external freelance editors when campaigns require increased output or markets require local assistance
- Work with colleagues to analyze performance data, and use results to influence future content development
- Help manage and oversee ONE’s global photo and video asset bank
- Keep on top of relevant innovations in creative campaigns, videos and marketing
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- One to two years of video production experience
- Experience of creating compelling stories with video to engage new and existing supporters online
- Ability to tell a captivating story in a variety of formats, from short teasers to longer form videos
- Excellent script writing ability and strong editorial and storytelling skills
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe after Effects
- Experience with text animation and basic motion design
- Working knowledge of DSLR camera equipment and audio production
- Experience with video color correction and sound mixing
- Proven experience creating short videos suited for Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and other social networks
- Experience managing a YouTube channel to maximize engagement
- Ideas around how to use IGTV to help growing existing channel
- Knowledge of digital video and still formats as well as compression standards
- Digital asset management experience
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask and determine priority projects/assignments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think critically and independently
- Flexibility and resourcefulness to respond to a fast-paced work environment with shifting deadlines
- General interest and dedication to the mission of ONE
- Ability to consistently apply good editorial judgment and make responsible decisions
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
- Ability to work and live in the United States is required OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- An understanding of the complexities surrounding collaboration in a global matrix organization
- Highly organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Critical thinking, communication, and relationship-building skills
- Well organized, detail oriented and analytical
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver LANGUAGE SKILLS
Fluency in English required. Proficiency in other languages highly preferred such as French or German highly desired.
Travel up to 5% international and/or domestic.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
Standard office work environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit a resume and cover letter to this opening at ().
ONE is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants. When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to compete for a job, they may request it orally or in writing (please visit the page on the web; /). ONE will process requests for reasonable accommodation and will provide reasonable accommodations where appropriate, in a prompt and efficient manner.
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the high volume of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Licenses & Certifications
About the company