- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
The Visual Designer will focus on concepting and creating visually engaging, branded, and functional digital assets for Groupon’s marketing and merchandising businesses. A key aspect of this role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between serving our brand’s purpose, business goals, and customer needs. Visual Designers are expected to innovate and provide creative ideas for ongoing and seasonal tentpole campaigns that align to cross-functional business goals. The Visual Designer will report to the Art Director.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- Establish the look, feel, and size for various brand, marketing, and merchandising asset campaigns across web, touch, and mobile
- Work within brand guidelines to create layouts that reinforce the Groupon brand style and voice through its visual touchpoints
- In addition to standard asset types, design logos, icons, illustrations, infographics, and data visualizations
- Work with a global asset library and workflow system to source images and follow a production schedule
- Juggle multiple projects while effectively managing timelines and expectations
- Brainstorm and develop clear ideas, concepts, and designs from inception through production
- Work collaboratively with other designers and copywriters to ensure a consistent, integrated brand perception and user experience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, marketing managers, and merchandising business lines to create a simple, branded UX
- Translate client business requirements, user needs, and technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and emotionally engaging
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field
- A solid foundation in typography, layout, and design
- Good eye for photography and be able to select photography for campaigns
- Excellent visual, written, and verbal communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills
- A penchant for details and organization, including the ability to prioritize tasks, communicate progress, and meet deadlines
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator; additional experience with Sketch and HTML preferred
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2-3+ years relevant design experience. Design experience for websites and ecommerce digital advertising preferred
Note On Applying
When applying, please include your resume, cover letter, and portfolio. If we set up an interview, you’ll present a minimum of 3 relevant projects. You’ll provide insight into your design process and include any materials you have a deep passion for. We want to meet the whole person, not just your professional work!
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally