- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Location:United States : Tampa : Florida
Role Value Proposition:
Global Operations (Global Ops) focuses on creating positive experiences for MetLife customers and helping the company make the best use of its global resources. We’re looking for unique talent with fresh perspectives that can propel innovation. In this role you will investigate disability claims.
- Provides professional medical, technical, consulting advice, and recommendations in support of claims evaluation, investigation and assessment for various claims-related departments, while managing assigned caseload of complex case applying specialized training and knowledge to the assessment of cases and acting as a resource on clinical and technical issues.
- Conducts complex research, review and analysis of medical records, treatment plans and claim information.
- Provides recommendations regarding claimants’ current potential functional abilities and develops goal-focused return-to-work plan.
- Assess training needs and creates, authors and presents medical training to claim and business partner associates.
- Engages claimants, healthcare providers, employers and customers to ensure strict adherence in determining functional abilities.
- Engages claimants, health care providers and employers in return to work potential and planning while coaching claim specialists on identifying and acting upon return to work potential.
- Creates effective requests for medical information which focus on clarifying medical restrictions and limitations and their impact on work functionality.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Master’s Degree in Vocational Rehabilitation or related field
- 4+ years clinical experience.
- CRC (Certified Rehabilitation Counselor) designation.
- 7+ years Disability claims and/or clinical experience.
- Disability claims experience
- Preferred designations CCM (certified case management) and/or CDMS (certified disability management specialist).
- Possess strong knowledge of medical conditions, symptoms and terminology.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish.
"At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.