- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Deadline may be extended at the discretion of the City.
SPECIAL INFORMATION: The Seaside Fire Department is seeking in-house volunteer drone pilots. Please contact Firefighter Ben Smith or Fire Captain Chris Schnuteat 831-899-6790 if you have any questions pertaining to this recruitment.
Volunteers are individuals or groups who provide their talent, and abilities to perform assigned tasks at the direction of the City Manager and/or Department Directors, without any expectation of any type of compensation.
The City Council of the City of Seaside is committed to enhancing citizen engagement through a variety of means, including providing opportunities for citizens to volunteer with projects and programs that further the City's goals and objectives. A volunteer program provides the opportunity for individuals and groups to decide, freely and by choice, to help achieve the City's goals without expectation of financial or other rewards in kind. Volunteers benefit by gaining a greater understanding and appreciation for their local government and simultaneously strengthening the community's bond. The work of volunteers compliments the work the City undertakes, but does not replace the work of paid staff members.
The mission of the Volunteer Program is to utilize qualified and motivated citizens to enhance and supplement the productive efforts of the City and to improve the quality of life of the citizens.
Recruitment Selection Process
The Human Resources Department will review all Volunteer Program Applications received and will interview qualified applicants. Once a volunteer is selected, an online criminal background will be conducted.
CITY EMPLOYEES AS VOLUNTEERS
The City supports the interest in volunteering their off duty time with community organizations. The City will allow employees to volunteer for the City of Seaside provided that all of the following conditions are met:
- The volunteer activities are completely outside the scope of the employee's normal duties.
- The volunteer service is provided without coercion.
- The volunteer time is provided outside of normal working hours.
- The employee's Department Director and the City Manager both authorize the service in writing prior to the employee volunteering to assist the City in any capacity.
Examples of Duties
- Fly drones at emergency scenes
- Respond to incidents
- operate advanced aerial camera equipment
- CoordinateSearch and Rescue with Fire and Law Enforcement
- Maintain MPRECCDrone Pilot Certification
- Attend a minimum of one (1) hands-on training per month
- Must be at least 18 years or older and have a valid Drivers License
- Must live within a 20 miles radius
Intentionally left blank.
- human resources