- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
VP, Banking A&D - Reservoir Engineer - 90224383
Posting Range:26 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
VP, Banking A&D - Reservoir Engineer
As a VP in the Natural Resources A&D group, the Reservoir Engineer role will provide technical analysis in support of the natural resources investment banking platform, including mergers & acquisitions of oil & gas companies and/or transactions involving the acquisition & divestiture of oil & gas properties, and capital issuances in the debt and equity markets.
What will you be doing?
• You will be evaluating oil & gas properties using reserve estimation tools, in compliance with reserve definitions from the SEC and other international guidelines.
• You will utilize knowledge of field development planning and optimization, using production and cost forecasting methods.
• You will use your experience reviewing oil & gas marketing contracts, pricing and differentials scenarios and transportation costs to support the valuation of oil & gas properties.
• You will evaluate oil & gas properties in North America.
• You will prepare and manage asset sales processes including technical and marketing materials.
• You will use your strong client management skills to interact with Clients.
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 5+ years of related experience
• Minimum 3+ years of experience working on the technical evaluation and marketing of oil & gas properties for acquisition or divestiture on behalf of clients
• 5+ years of experience working as a reservoir engineer or production engineer for an oil & gas company, or an oil & gas reserves estimation firm or consultancy
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Prior Graduate degree preferred
• Bachelor of Sciences in Petroleum Engineering
• Business development skills and track record of assisting in origination of new business will be viewed positively
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Houston Office at 1301 McKinney Street in vibrant downtown Houston. This 51 floor office tower with sweeping city views is adjacent to The Shops at Houston Center, which includes a fitness center and three levels of fashion, dining, and services, with connection to downtown’s extensive sky bridge and tunnel system. A short walk will take you to Discovery Green, George R. Brown Convention Center, Toyota Center and Minute Maid Stadium. The building is easily accessible to parking and public transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Risk and Control Objective
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.