- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
VP, Capital Markets Loan Committee Coordinator/Business Manager - 90226726
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:14 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
VP, Capital Markets Loan Committee Coordinator/Business Manager
All Banking lending activity transacted with the firm’s issuer client base though the Capital Markets division, is managed through a robust committee governance and approval process. The management of this critical function is run by a Committee Coordinator, who is a part of the Capital Markets Business Management team. Banking is seeking a Vice President level replacement hire to fill this role. The candidate’s main function will be all lending committee activity, but will also be involved a variety of business management programs of work.
What will you be doing?
· You will manage the capital markets lending commitment committee process for all relationship loans and leveraged buyout/acquisition financing transactions. This includes understanding capital extensions, risk weighted assets, historic client performance and targeted return profiles.
· You will assist the Chair of each committee on pre-determining up-tier, down-tier or exit decisions on contemplated financing.
· You will support deal teams on loan documentation when preparing their business case and forward looking projections.
· You will finalize all committee records and actions items for approvals through our internal reporting system.
· You will manage the forward pipeline for upcoming transactions for senior stakeholders of the firm.
· You will project manage IT enhancements across Banking and Loan Syndicate to help promote new technology for the capital markets business.
· You will manage the client capital return forums by analyzing client data and loan portfolio exposure. These meetings help drive strategic industry decisions on exiting or reinvesting in clients.
· You will support the broader Business Management team on ad-hoc projects such as strategic reporting, governance programs, and presentations.
· You will provide backup to the Investment Grade Capital Markets Business Manager for all loan requests and acquisition financing (IG, Securitize Products, Latam).
· You will handle various audit and regulatory requests in a timely manner.
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 5+ years relevant experience at a financial service firm
· 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Overall personal interest in the Capital Markets business with a focus on loans/bonds as well as M&A acquisition financing
· Ability to respond with urgency and stay connected at all times. With the potential to have acquisition financing going live at any time it is critical to be reachable and stay connected at all times including nights and weekends.
· Strong organization skills; with over 900 committees per year it is a requirement to be able to handle multiple processes at the same time.
· Ability to work independently and indirectly report to multiple senior managers of the firm across Banking, Syndicate, Portfolio and Credit Risk
· Excellent communication skills; this role is primarily responsible for running meetings. Having the confidence to speak with senior investment banking stakeholders is required.
· Strong attention to detail; it is critical to manage all deal documentation and approvals with 100% accuracy which ultimately lead to client credit agreements
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.