- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Universal City
VP, Development, Bravo
TV Content & Production
Entertainment & Lifestyle Group
Goals are to identify and oversee casting, new pilots, presentations, and development projects for Bravo and create and foster strong relationships in the entertainment community, especially on the west coast.
Generate innovative and high-quality programming that at once exemplify and expand the Bravo brand
Identify concepts and talent that are a good fit for the Bravo brand
Take new project pitches, assess, and communicate the ideas internally and make recommendations for action
Serve as an enthusiastic and engaged liaison to the agent and production community
Identify appropriate showrunners and production companies with whom Bravo should be in business
Supervise production of myriad development reels: casting, presentation through full pilots
Provide notes on cuts of all casting reels and pilot production
Work with Business Affairs to close talent and production deals
Work with Production Management to ensure that agreed to concepts are fully realized in production
Brainstorm internal concepts for shows that will evolve the Bravo brand
Be an expert on pop culture, lifestyle & entertainment space
Be the liaison between internal departments, to communicate and coordinate information flow for all applicable projects
Keep track of incoming creative material
Keep track of competitive network slates and trends, and help keep us ahead of what’s next
Work with Current Programming to determine white space areas for development
Occasionally act as E.I.C. on a current series in addition to regular duties
• 7+ years as an executive and leader in non-scripted programming
• Demonstrated knowledge of and relationships with industry professionals necessary
• Proven experience with both development and production of non-scripted television programming mandatory
• Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #48859BR).
• Must be willing to work in Los Angeles, CA.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Creative, out of the box thinker who is passionate about lifestyle programming
• Responsible, level headed, extremely organized, and the ability to handle deadlines a must
• Deep understanding of – and passion for – the bravo brand
• Great team player – collaborative and empathetic towards other team members
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and be successful in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
• Valued relationships with the agent and production communities
• Strong writing skills
• Analytic approach to the current competitive environment
• Cable network experience an advantage
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.