- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
VP, Electronic Sales - Equities - 90227413
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:3 Apr 2019 - Ongoing
Vice President, Electronic Sales-Equities
New York, NY
We have an opening for a Vice President on the Electronic Sales desk within our Cash Equities business. Electronic Sales is a client facing business function focused on driving revenue through the adoption and usage of electronic equity products. Products include electronic equity algorithms, direct market access, transaction cost analysis, equity order routing, and execution consulting. Electronic trading is a dynamic, technology driven business that has become an integral part of the equity landscape over the past decade.
What will you be doing?
• Working with the Americas Electronic Management & Sales team to help deliver growth across the Americas Equities Client franchise through specific client aligned targets
• Driving Electronic Sales across Americas Electronic clients, maintaining awareness of the profitability & impact to the broader Cash & Equities franchise
• Providing high quality Client Execution Service to Americas Electronic clients, maintaining awareness of the profitability & impact to the broader Cash & Equities franchise
• Engaging with Electronic & HT Sales trading & Product teams to provide high quality execution services
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3-5 years’ experience of Equities Electronic Sales & Electronic Product features
• Strong Client relationships across US Electronic Clients, with clear demonstrable experience of monetization and resource allocation
• Interest in market structure changes and the impact of regulation on the broader cash business and on our Client Franchise in particular
Skills that will help you in the role:
• High degree of numeracy
• Strong communication skills, especially around complicated concepts
• Experience in Sales planning and analysis of client revenue opportunities
• Works thoughtfully and logically
• Strong and clear communicator
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & FCA - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.