- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Description :
Job Description Context / Scope:
Technical plays a key role in achieving Supply’s goal to become a Best in Class CPG Company. Innovation and Brand Change is a key accountability of the NA Technical organization. The team is responsible for the commercialization of all NA brand innovations and renovations. Within the NA Technical Center this role acts as a business partner to Innovation, Brand Teams, Supply and Demand to innovate in ways that create real advances for our customers and consumers, and renovates in inspiring ways to constantly improve taste, quality and shelf visibility. Through I&BC we take cost out and add value in to our brands using technical know-how, technology and creativity linked to market trends. I&BC is recognized internally & externally as a Competitive Advantage.
Purpose of Role:
To provide strategic leadership across Innovation and Brand Change priorities in order to achieve the generation of defined NSV targets, delivering 95% On Time and In Full (time, quality, cost) to gate 3 commitments and ensure year on year targets for cost optimization across the NA product portfolio. Priorities are to build significant traction behind key programmes that will enable transformational growth. These include development and enhancement of New to World liquids and packs, re-designs of Global and Regional brands and supporting brand and commercial activity to ensure that we are beating the competition. The other key priority is to continue to drive value through aggressive, sustainable and innovative Design to Value.
As part of the end-to-end supply chain, NA Supply has an extensive network of wholly owned and Third-Party Operation sites across the US and Canada. In North America, Diageo owns and operates a network of manufacturing, bottling, distilling and warehousing sites, wineries and vineyards. NA Technical is an organization of 130+ people with a $20M budget, operating across several locations within the US and Canada. From these locations NA Technical manages the Technical Equity for Diageo NA Supply and Demand across the Diageo portfolio. I&BC has a complex mix of senior stakeholders across Demand, Marketing, Innovation, Supply and Procurement. There is the need to balance the competing challenges and priorities of operations, innovation, value generation, supply chain, cost and supply performance, while ensuring a balanced pipeline so that NA I&BC resources are allocated appropriately to strategic programs, regional priorities and smaller minor change activity.
· Leads the delivery of all Innovation and Brand Change activities for NA spirits pabs & beer, leveraging deep knowledge of Supply, technology and design with commercial insight in a complex business environment to deliver NA growth goals.
· Provides the necessary leadership to develop and grow quality, pace and capacity within the NA I&BC organization through ruthless focus on process & delivery measurement that translates to year-on-year process improvement and Supply led ideation that leverages Supply capabilities and new technology.
· Leads the diagnosis and development of the required capabilities for the I&BC team to meet the increasing needs of functional and leadership depth to deliver yearly performance targets.
· Ensures alignment of key stakeholders across NA Supply & Demand and builds the necessary linkages with Innovation and Brand Teams, as well as Innovation R&D, to establish a culture that reflects partnership and collaborative ways of working.
· Leads the development of a highly capable team of I&BC Managers and their reports to ensure that there is a highly sustainable I&BC function into the long term with a reputation for outstanding execution and from where Technical and Business leaders of the future regularly emerge.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
· 10+ years experience gained in Technical and Supply functions across product development and commercialization activity preferably with CPG experience . Business Administration, Engineering, Science, or Food Science degree required. MBA desirable.
· A deep level of capability and experience in Brand Change gained through increasingly senior roles spanning product & process, packaging, operations and supply chain.
· Demonstrated success in leading teams and developing the functional & leadership capabilities across a range of talent levels.
· Experience of leading in a regional, international or global environment.
· Strong Commercial Acumen.
Worker Type :
Plainfield Tech Centre
Additional Locations :
Job Posting Start Date :
About the company
British multinational alcoholic beverages company headquartered in London, England. It is the world's largest producer of spirits and a major producer of beer and wine.
Diageo's brands include Smirnoff (the world's best-selling vodka), Johnnie Walker (the world's best-selling blended Scotch whisky), Baileys (the world's best-selling liqueur), and Guinness (the world's best-selling stout). It also owns 34% of Moët Hennessy, which owns brands including Moët & Chandon, Veuve Clicquot and Hennessy.