- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
VP, Latam Corporate Credit Desk Analyst - 90228203
Primary Location:US-New York-745 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY
Posting Range:13 Mar 2019 - Ongoing
Vice President, Latam Corporate Credit Desk Analyst
New York, NY
We have an opening for a Vice President level Latam Corporate Credit Desk Analyst in the Emerging Markets Credit Trading business. The Emerging markets credit trading desk is top-rated in the US. The desk seeks to maximize the Firm’s return on capital while operating under preset balance sheet and credit parameters. The candidate will provide support to the primary market maker for Latam credit trading.
What will you be doing?
· This individual will function as the Senior Desk Analyst for EM’s illiquid/distressed credit team.
· The Desk Analyst will be primarily responsible for in depth credit analysis for secondary transactions of public transactions, including thorough documentation and modelling analysis for trading.
· The analyst will have a focus on high yield, distressed credit and special situations in the region. While high yield will be a primary focus, the candidate should be knowledge in investment grade credit when events present themselves.
What we’re looking for:
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 5+ years of experience working in High Grade CDS Trading in LATAM
· 5+ years of experience at a financial services firm
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well
· Team player with great upside potential
· Strong analytical and adaptive skills
· Excellent Communication/ Presentation/interpersonal skills
· Precise attention to detail
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills
· Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
· Team oriented and goal driven attitude
· Experience in financial markets
· Demonstrated ability to make instinctive decisions based on limited information and intuitive acumen
This role is deemed as a Certified role under the PRA & FCA - Individual Accountabilities Regulations and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building. The building is easily accessible to Restaurants, Shops and Public Transportation.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.