- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
VP, Latin America Chief Compliance Officer-INT000I0
Prudential Financial, Inc. is a leading U.S. based publicly traded global life insurance and diversified financial services corporation with a world class brand and balance sheet. The company’s highly profitable International Insurance Division operates across Asia, Europe, Africa, and Latin America. The company is committed to helping customers grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services including life insurance, annuities, investments and retirement-related services. The continued focus on and growth of the International Insurance Division is a key strategic priority for the corporation.
We are seeking a Vice President & Regional Compliance Officer for Prudential’s International Insurance division (PII), Latin America region. This position reports directly to PII’s Chief Compliance Officer and oversees the Latin America PII Compliance organization, which includes the Compliance Officers and teams supporting our Latin America businesses. This leadership role oversees all compliance activities performed by local (in-country) associates and provides direction for the delivery of compliance coverage in relation to key regulatory and compliance risks, such as consumer protection and sales practice risks, Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT), Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC), and Data Privacy.
The Latin America PII Compliance team is responsible for managing and continuing to improve the Latin America compliance risk management programs, reporting to relevant governance committees and/or senior management, designing and executing risk mitigation strategies, and managing relevant regulatory exams and interactions.
- Serve as a member of the senior PII Compliance Leadership team developing, supporting and driving Compliance strategy and strategic priorities for PII.
- Develop a comprehensive compliance strategy to create a best in class compliance risk program for the Latin America region.
- Drive alignment and consistencies across the Latin America Compliance Programs
- Develop and drive Compliance Programs implementing, where practical, global best practices with a focus on the local experience in partnership with local in-country Compliance teams, Operations, Technology and other key partners
- Partner with local compliance and business operations to assess, develop and implement enhanced controls and processes, including implementation of risk assessments and monitoring programs
- Ensuring strong succession and a deep pipeline of regional Compliance talent
- Coordinate closely with the functional and business partners regarding regional initiatives
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with business and other Compliance partners as well as Legal, Risk, HR, Finance and other colleagues.
- Prepare management reporting on Program issues and trends for Compliance management meetings, Control Forums and other governance meetings
- Assisting with strategic and tactical Compliance special projects and presentations
- The oversight of compliance program development and implementation in new operations in emerging markets.
The successfulcandidate will have a minimum of 10 years of Compliance (or related) leadershipexperience. Both life insurance industryand international experience are preferred. The successful candidate may come from another segment of diversifiedfinancial services or another control discipline (legal, regulatory, audit orrisk). The successful candidate will bring technical compliance expertise withsuperior knowledge, skills and experience in regulatory related matters as wellas the “intercultural agility” to work within multiple and diverse countriesand cultures. Additional specificrequirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, and JD,MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving, anddecision-making skills
- Excellent verbaland written communication and interpersonal skills (including culturalawareness) to interact and quickly gain credibility and build collaborativeworking relationships across multiple geographic regions
- Abilityto lead and influence global teams, working across cultures with agility
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships andcollaborate with individuals across businesses and control functions
- Highly organized and strong project management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and effectively manage time
- Work independently and as a team member
- Creativity, flexible and positive mindset, and ability tolead and drive change
- Continuous improvement and global business mindset
- Proficient in MS Office(Outlook/Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint)
- Multi-lingual abilities – Spanish and/or Portuguese
- The executive should expect to travel25-30%, mostly within the Latin America region.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
United States-New Jersey-Newark
Yes, 25 % of the Time
- ms project
About the company
For over 140 years, Prudential Financial (NYSE:PRU) has helped people grow and protect their wealth. We offer individual and institutional clients a wide array of financial products and services. Today, we are one of the world’s largest financial services institutions. We have over $1 trillion of assets under management as of March 31st, 2017, and approximately $3.7 trillion of gross life insurance in force worldwide as of Dec. 31, 2016. We have operations in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America. We also have one of the most recognized and trusted brand symbols: The Rock® , an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation. We measure our long-term success on our ability to deliver value for shareholders, meet customer needs, attract and develop the best talent in our industry, offer an inclusive work environment where employees can develop to their full potential, and give back to the communities where we live and work. (Pru.us/disclaimer)