- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- New York City
The VP of Engineering will be responsible for driving and implementing the strategy and tactics to grow and evolve our scalable platforms to meet changing, fast-growing business needs, and efficiently implement new solutions. Our platforms are a critical foundation for our business to drive measurable outcomes for our clients.
As the platform owner you will drive a multi-year strategy partnering with product management to build new capabilities. This role will require building partnerships across the organization to provide client access and servicing.
- Own the strategic vision and the technology roadmap for our brokerage, financial services, and fund accounting platforms to meet the needs of different stakeholders across multiple business units.
- Deliver and execute a plan to modernize and scale with new solutions and innovative tools.
- Work closely with the Product Management and Product owners to do roadmap planning, epic prioritization
- Establish and drive adoption of best practices for engineering, component re-use, architecture design and technical standards.
- Lead high-level architecture and be able to provide hands-on technical direction when necessary.
- Promote and cultivate team spirit and culture across the global team built on open communication, collaboration, teamwork, trust and integrity
- Develop, lead and coordinate communications and relationships across multiple IT and product teams.
- Maintain awareness of new / emerging data technologies and their potential application to existing or future service offerings.
- Developing, improving and maintaining technical engineering documentation
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout the firm, and in leading collaborative teams to achieve common goals
Experience & Skills:
- 8+ years' experience in managing and mentoring engineering teams and platforms.
- Proven experience within a demanding engineering environment.
- 5+ years' experience designing and successfully leading large scale operational change
- As a constant learner and early adopter, you're already embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies
- Extensive experience with engineering, architecting, and delivering technology solutions using Java and Python. Knowledge of Go, C++ or other languages is a major plus
- Experience with Agile, Service Oriented Architecture, micro-services, containerization, automation, distributed systems, server-less compute
- Experience with Spring frameworks, databases and designing schemas
- Expertise in working in in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proven ability to foster an environment of inclusion, with a focus on developing talent across the organization
- Must have a strong Project Management background with proven organizational skills with focused detail, time management, planning skills and the ability to handle competing priorities
- Command of architecture, design and business processes
- Knowledge of industry wide technology trends and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management including CTO, CIO and Line of business heads in both written and oral / presentation communications skills
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
About the company