- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Marketing Director - Rapidly Growing and Profitable B2B SaaS Scale-Up - £100,000+
Summary of the business & opportunity:
A true software start-up success story. The company were founded with the vision of using cutting-edge data visualization to solve the challenge of Enterprise IT complexity. From humble beginnings, they are loved by some of the world's leading companies and growing fast. They are an engineering-led company and an agile, innovative team, meaning the entire focus is on product excellence and delighting customers.
They are a true product first business, which is highlighted by the fact that they only have two people in a sales / marketing capacity currently. They have focused their early years on assembling an incredibly talented tech team which has worked wonders; they have built their active customers up to 700 (global) through organic growth alone, driven by product excellence. They have another exciting product launch in Q4 this year, which will turbo charge their growth even further and likely dwarf the existing client portfolio, in which they have a 95% retention rate with.
The time has now come to find a VP of Marketing to build, own and shape the marketing function whilst growing a talented team in to the future!
The Job Specification:
This new Marketing Director will take responsibility for all aspects of the company's engagement with its external audiences. The role will be responsible for setting the marketing strategy in collaboration with the Board and C-level execs and will be accountable for delivering on the strategy. They will take charge of all aspects of the brand and positioning and be responsible for designing and executing campaigns that achieve the marketing goals. The role will have global responsibility for marketing the company to a technical audience and will play a key part in making them one of the most recognisable enterprise DevOps brands in the world.
The VP of Marketing will be expected to hire and retain an internal team as well as make good use of external agencies and third parties when required.
The role reports to the COO but will be well supported by both the CEO/Founder and the Chief Product Officer. They have a world-class software product that is marketed at both Enterprise IT and DevOps communities and the opportunities to increase awareness and grow demand are likely to be heavily focused on digital. Creative segmentation, online data-driven campaigns, website creation, strong SEO, search and intelligent email use are all likely to be key to the success of the role.
- Setting Marketing strategy to achieve company objectives
- Planning and budgeting
- Branding, positioning and messaging for external communications
- Designing, creating and executing on campaigns
- Managing a team
- Reporting on results & driving improvements
- An experienced leader of a marketing function with evidence of driving revenue growth
- Achieved success in marketing software products or SaaS in a B2B environment
- Passionate about contributing to the high-level business strategy and creating brands
- Able to set marketing goals & create campaigns that will deliver the overall business objectives
- Proven ability to execute in a variety of marketing activities (e.g. events, digital, channel)
- Passionate about data-driven & analytical marketing with a creative twist
- Confident in appointing and getting value from third party agencies to supplement in-house capabilities
Thanks for taking the time to read the application.
- technology. B2B