- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Francisco
At Returnly we help brands that care about shopper loyalty offer better product returns. We are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behaviour and customer loyalty. We’re backed by smart money VCs in Fintech including some prominent members of the Paypal Mafia. Our headquarters are in San Francisco Financial District and we have offices in Chicago and Madrid. We are on a mission to de-risk online commerce and are building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.
About the role:
Returnly is seeking a Vice President of Sales, responsible for building a robust pipeline, hitting quarterly and annual revenue targets, leading strategic sales planning and building an A+ team to provide an amazing sales experience to brands. You’ll be reporting directly to Returnly’s CEO and founder. This is a highly visible leadership role as the CEO’s sales counterpart.
Responsibilities as VP of Sales:
- Create a culture of success through ongoing business and goal achievement
- Develop plans and strategies for achieving the company's sales goals
- Drive the overall hiring strategy and capacity planning for SMB, MidMarket and Channel sales team
- Manage the sales teams, operations and resources to deliver profitable growth
- Manage key client relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Remove friction from the sales process, optimizing and adapting it to improve the sales experience that’s delivered to clients
- Become known as an employer of choice and a sales force that top sales people want to join
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and identify improvements where and when required
- Implement sales management training and coaching programs to ensure consistency and effectiveness across the organization
- Manage client expectations and contribute to a high level of client satisfaction
- Put in place infrastructure and systems to support the success of the sales function
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Monitor client, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team and other company functions
- Work closely with the marketing and business development functions to establish successful support, channel and partner programs and increase demand generation
- An expert in the science of sales
- An expert in our customer’s buying journey
- Demonstrate successful experience building a go-to-market strategy and sales plan though building, managing and growing multiple sales channels
- Active listening skills with ability to build trust
- Competitive mindset always striving for success
- Receptive to feedback, willingness to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Have significant experience and enjoy closing strategic deals
- Bring experience monitoring and evaluating sales rep progress against stated expectations, in addition to aligning and changing behavior with performance expectations
- Know how to hire and motivate sales teams
- Have experience managing a geographically dispersed team of salespeople
- Experience utilizing a CRM to manage team sales tasks, pipeline, and closing data
- Strong ownership attitude
- Be the leader who owns recruiting, hiring and onboarding sales executives
- Have experience working within a high-growth, mid-stage startup environment
- Lead with transparency, providing status reports with market and customer feedback to the executive leadership team
Diversity - We are diverse, independent thinkers and still one team with one mission.
Openness and empathy - We learn and grow by listening to our customers and each other.
Integrity - We always do what’s right for our customers, Returnly and ourselves - in that order.
Team - EQ is as important as IQ. We make time to help each other out.
Commitment - We are curious and fearless. We own risk, outcomes and everything in between.
We'd really love to hear from you, but before applying please check the following...
Read the values section above carefully and ask yourself if this is a good match for you personally. We want you to be an ambassador of these values!
Please make sure you have included a cover letter as part of your application. We want to learn from you and your achievements before we meet you in person!
Apply for this job
About the company
At Returnly we help brands that care about shopper loyalty offer better product returns. We are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behaviour and customer loyalty.
We are on a mission to de-risk online commerce and are building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.