- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $24,000.00 - $26,000.00 gross per year
Our client seeks a Warehouse Team Leader to join their busy expanding team.
The objective of the role is to lead a small team to ensure the efficient storage of items, directing staff to pick and pack accurately, making sure deliveries meet deadlines and implementing continuous improvement initiatives. The position is based in working five days a week Monday to Friday but with a requirement to work Saturdays and Sundays during busy periods.
- Assist the Warehouse Manager in planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods
- Manage, motivate and give direction to a small team of Warehouse Assistants, providing coaching and guidance where required
- Undertake line manager responsibilities such as conducting return to work meetings after employee absence, contributing to performance review discussions and identifying training and development requirements
- Plan workload for your area of responsibility
- Produce a daily work plan and prioritise tasks
- Check and inspect goods received, ensuring they are of accurate quantity and type and acceptable quality
- Liaise with Campaign Managers, Field Support Managers, Suppliers and transport companies
- Contact couriers to coordinate the dispatch and delivery of goods
- Sign for goods received into warehouse, update stock system and advise Campaign Managers of delivery
- Load and unload goods from company vehicles
- Organise items to pick and pack and accurately update stock system
- Produce delivery notes using contractors / store details via BMS (computer software)
- Check proof of delivery
- Operate company vehicles when necessary
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse environment
- Previous experience of managing people
- Ability to plan daily work methodically, priorities and delegate tasks
- Computer skills (Excel, Outlook)
- An understanding of Health and safety regulations
- Able to work occasional weekend
APPLY NOW !
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy
- Team Leader
- Warehouse Supervisor