- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary $14.59 - $23.34 gross per hour
- Wesley Chapel
Salary Disclosure/General Description
Starting Salary: $14.59
Pay Grade: N29
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Utilities Water & Wastewater O & M
Location: Wesley Chapel
General Description:Pasco County Utilities Operations and Maintenance Department is seeking a motivated, passionate, skilled team member to work in the operation and maintenance of utility water and reclaimed water transmission and distribution systems, wastewater collection, and water/wastewater treatment processes.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency. During an Emergency employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions
Primary job assignment includes the repair and maintenance of utility water lines. Other job assignments include, but may not be limited to the following: checks and maintains wastewater pump stations; installs and maintains water lines, meters, hydrants, and valves; assists Labor Supervisors II and III; assists water or wastewater operators; performs potable water, wastewater, and reclaimed water installation, repair, maintenance, and inspection activities. Operates tandem dump truck with heavy equipment trailer, sludge truck, when necessary. Performs related work as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of potable or reclaimed water transmission or distribution; wastewater collection; irrigation, or plumbing system installation, repair, or maintenance methods, procedures, equipment, tools, materials, and supplies.
- Knowledge of supervisory techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of safe working procedures and practices.
- Skill in operating motor vehicles and equipment.
- Skill Operating flat bed, five (5) yard dump truck, sludge truck, tandem dump truck with trailer, box blade grading tractor, and medium sized wheel loader.
- Ability to operate a radio.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and supervise the work of others.
- Ability to read utility maps and interpret plans, blueprints, and specifications.
- Ability to prepare accurate records and reports.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisor, and the public.
- Ability to read for comprehension.
- Must have a home telephone and be available for overtime work.
- Ability to utilize Smartphones, smartphone mapping & photo applications.
- Skilled in operating laptop and work order based software.
- Ability to pull water samples and process necessary documents.
PHYSICAL SKILLS:Ability to lift and/or move up to80 pounds and also push or pull heavy objects.May use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) or work with another team member to lift and/or move excessively heavy objects.Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication. Ability to frequently bend, climb, stoop, squat, and walk. Must pass pulmonary function test and fit test within 60 days. Position may require to be clean shaven in order to meet safety requirements.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma. Two (2) years of direct experience in water, reclaimed water or wastewater field maintenance.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:Must possess a valid Driver's License. Must possess a trenching and shoring certification. Must be able to obtainFDEPclass three (3)Water Distribution License orFWPCOA(C) Wastewater Collection Technician Certification depending discipline within six (6) months from date of employment. Must be able to obtain a Confined space certification within (6) months of employment. Must be able to obtain a Valid Florida "B" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with N Tanker's endorsement within ninety (90) Days from date of employment. Must be able to obtain a CDL Class 'B" permit within ten (10) days of employment. Must pass intermediate maintenance of traffic certification within six (6) months of employment.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County isa drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida Law.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07 F.S. chapter SSA.7 Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.