- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- San Jose
Weather & Traffic Anchor/Reporter - KSTS
TV Content & Production
Owned Stations & Affiliate Relations
Telemundo 48 (KSTS) in San Jose, CA, is currently seeking a Weather & Traffic Anchor/Reporter. The successful candidate will produce great graphics that are clear and easy to follow; tell the viewers a weather story every day, every newscast, and make sure the viewers get the information they need for the day. He/she will also produce traffic reports.
Prepare weather forecasts and traffic reports based on material assembled from various sources, using all the technology available
Present weather and traffic information for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to Bay Area viewers
Continually demonstrate a passion for communicating weather and traffic information through graphics, verbally, and in writing
Strong understanding of social media to further stories
Assist in coordinating weather and traffic programming on multiple platforms
Maintain a deep level of familiarity with the Bay Area TV market and the people who live here
Respond to breaking weather and traffic news as required
Potentially report on stories related to weather, the environment earthquakes and traffic
Record and deliver promotional announcements when assigned and make promotional appearances as required
Write scripts, lead-ins, cues, bridges, copy and other material for use on the air.
Research and check out weather stories either in person or by phone.
Monitor the weather wire to ascertain the news weather developments.
Supervise the editing of the film and videotape shot for weather coverage.
Create weather graphics and operates weather equipment.
Produce story packages aside from weather presentation
Record and deliver promotional announcements when assigned and makes promotional appearances as required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Weather Anchor or Reporter
• Ability to independently produce and present multiple weather and traffic segments, compiled through weather and traffic data and computer graphics
• Excellent news writing ability for all platforms, as well as proficiency in newsgathering equipment and computers essential
• Proficiency in weather analysis and forecasting
• Bilingual: Spanish and English; both written and verbal
• Applicants must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
• Must have a flexible schedule with willingness to travel and work long hours and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in San Jose, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Meteorology/Atmospheric Science degree or equivalent experience
• Experiences in a variety of anchor/reporting scenarios, including studio, remotes, specials, etc.
• Experience working with WSI computer systems
• Very strong speech skills with the ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news, in Spanish and English
• Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Experience in automated studio environments
• Ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure, breaking news environment
• Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology
• Experience in Bay Area market and familiarity with Bay Area audience and communities
• Active engagement in Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels, in Spanish and English
• Work well in a team environment and be able to interact positively and productively with other employees
Sub-BusinessNBCUOTS - TLM KSTS
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of
About the company
NBCUniversal is where opportunities are found and careers are made. From the front lines to the top executive roles, we make it easy for potential candidates to explore opportunities and find the right fit with our team.