- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Web DeveloperUniversity CommunicationsIllinois Wesleyan University is seeking a creative web developer with 3+ years of experience to join our dynamic communications team. The ideal candidate will be an innovative individual who knows industry best practices. We offer a commitment to work-life balance (including generous time off and free access to a modern and extensive workout facility), plus an energetic team-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Responsibilities will be to develop and maintain the infrastructure of the University website and related services, and will include responsibility for the architecture and function of the website, including HTML5 and CSS3-driven layouts, and PHP projects with MySQL backends. Specific duties will entail:
- Maintain current PHP/MySQL databases. Code new PHP-based projects with MySQL backends.
- Configure site-wide settings to content management system (OU Campus).
- Ensure website responsiveness, up-to-date WCAG compliance, and best practices for website security and SEO performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience.
- Effective analytical, organizational, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
Please download the application atwww.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Feel free to include a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Because we’re committed to an environment of diversity and inclusion, we’d love to know about your experiences collaborating in a diverse, multicultural and inclusive setting. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html.
Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.