- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- null US
Job Summary/ Responsibilities
- Fabricate items using common hand, bench, and freestanding equipment including drills, taps, and cutoff saws, clamping devices and marking tools;
- Read and interpret construction and engineering drawings, blueprints, and welding symbols;
- Create structurally sound welds in accordance with AWS D1.1 specifications; and
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Because our work is so unique, your responsibilities might change based on the project.
- Produce finishes using stationary and portable grinding, sanding, and polishing equipment;
- Knowledge of and experience fabricating tooling details a variety of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys (aluminum 6061 and mild steel A36 A1010 are a must);
- Ability to sit or stand extended time;
- Must be able to routinely and safely lift, push, and pull up to 35 lbs;
- Prior experience in operating a forklift, or willingness to earn forklift certification;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Skilled in both mechanical and manual welding practices.
- Extensive knowledge of various welding techniques, including TIG Welding (GTAW), MIG welding (GMAW), Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) Arc welding (SMAW), Oxy-fuel and Plasma cutting non C&C, Weld Tooling components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Welders must be able to certify to the following vertical-up open root tests.
- GMAW Carbon Steel A36 Thickness 0.063 and 0.375 Position 3G
- FCAW Carbon Steel A36 Thickness 0.375 Position 3G
- SMAE Carbon Steel A36 Thickness 0.375 Position 3G (May be required)
- GMAW Aluminum 6061 Thickness 0.063 and 0.375 Position 3G
- GTAW Carbon Steel A1010 Thickness 0.063 Position 3G
- GTAW Aluminum 6061 Thickness 0.063 and 0.375 Position 3G
- GTAW Alloy Steel Thickness 0.063 Position 3G (May be required)
- GTAW Stainless Steel Thickness 0.063 Position 3G (May be required)
- AWS CWI (Certified Welding Inspector)
- Experience welding Invar 36% nickel-iron alloy is a plus
- Experience using manual milling and lathe machines;
- Operate a variety of manual and CNC machining equipment such as press brakes, plate rollers, drilling machines, milling machines, lathes, shearing and forming machines, cold saws, high-capacity semi-automatic band saws, and plasma tables;
About the company