- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are currently seeking a Welder to join our team. This role requires an outgoing, versatile and energetic individual who has a keen sense for quality and urgency. This position will be a temp-to-perm opportunity.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor the Welder will fabricate and bond metal together to produce a sub or complete assembly.
- Selects equipment and plans layout, assembly, and welding.
- Lays out, positions, aligns, and fits components together.
- Bolts, clamps, and tack welds parts to secure in position for welding.
- Sets up equipment and welds parts, using arc, gas shielded arc, submerged arc, or gas welding equipment.
- Assembles parts by bolting and riveting.
- Operate and set up power/pneumatic tools.
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the company handbook and the OHSA.
- Practice good housekeeping.
- Other duties that may be assigned. Qualifications and Skills
- AWS or CWB certification
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a Fabrication manufacturing environment
- Familiar with large parts
- Overhead crane experience an asset
- Familiarity with blue prints
- In the habit of working in a busy and complex environment
- Excellentverbal and written communication
About the company