- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
At the Caterpillar facility in Wamego, Kansas, we take pride in working together to safely build quality attachments that enhance the productivity and utility of Caterpillar machines, equipping them for a wide range of tasks and operating requirements.
Interested in welding but don’t have formal training or experience? Join our team and build the career you’ve always wanted! Start out in this entry level welding position by working with robotic welders while completing our welding training program and gaining on-the-job experience.
Being a member of our team is rewarding!
- As a welding trainee on second shift, you’ll receive competitive pay starting at $15.29 per hour plus an additional shift premium of $0.95. Over time, based on performance, attendance and business need, there is opportunity to promote to advanced manufacturing positions with pay up to $33.23 per hour.
- You’ll have the opportunity for pay increases based on skills and performance, as well as an annual opportunity for a merit increase, and a quarterly bonus.
- You will receive full healthcare benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc), a matching 401(k), paid holidays, paid vacation, among other benefits.
- Potential to advance your career to become a welder, machinist, programmer, or other advanced manufacturing and operations leadership jobs.
- If interested, opportunity to transfer to first shift is based on performance, attendance, and business need.
- Safety is a top priority. We provide all personal protective equipment - welding hoods with a cooling filtration system, metatarsal guard steel-toe boots, gloves, safety glasses, etc. - as well as pants and jackets with free laundry service.
- Be part of a leading global manufacturing company while working on a team with a with a small-town, family-like culture.
As a Caterpillar welding trainee in Wamego, Kansas, you will:
- Learn all aspects of manufacturing while working on a high velocity weld, robot, and machine manufacturing line.
- Hand weld in multiple positions to create parts by using semi-automatic MIG welders and .052 solid wire.
- Use robotic welding technology to enhance capabilities and efficiency.
- Operate machining centers (cuts, drills and bores steel) and hydraulic presses (bends and forms parts).
- Read and use blueprints to weld individual parts together to create a finished product.
- Learn advanced welding techniques, all while ensuring safety, quality and standard work are followed.
- Use jib and overhead cranes to manually position parts and product.
- Work in a clean, well-ventilated, safe environment equipped with the latest technologies.
- Work Monday through Thursday from 3:30pm to 2:00am, with overtime as required or available.
- Commit to being on-time and reliable.
- Available to work from 5:00am to 3:30pm during the introductory training period.
Top candidates will also have:
- Ability to work safely and wear all required personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime to support production demands.
Visit Caterpillar.com/Wamego to learn more about Caterpillar Wamego - our team, the work we do, the products we make, the facility and our community.
Note: Please ensure you frequently check the email account you provided on your application, including the junk/spam folder, as this is the primary correspondence method in our recruiting process.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
About the company
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500.