- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- La Vernia
The Winch Truck Operator drives and operates a winch truck equipped with a mechanical winch to load and move frac tanks, or with the use of a flatbed trailer, to pick up, transport and unload oil field servicing or drilling equipment from and to various locations within the work area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Works with ethics, honesty, values and integrity. Provides a position of professionalism to others.
• Maintains all required log books, DVIR and all other DOT requirements on a daily basis.
• Completes work tickets for jobs legibly, timely and with full detailed description of daily activity.
• Performs complete pre/post trip inspections.
• Drives the truck to and from the location to load and/or unload equipment as required for the job.
• Mechanically loads or unloads equipment using a single or a double winch, and manually ties down the loaded equipment using chains, straps and boomers.
• Knows and adheres to DOT rules and regulations and all job-related Company, state and federal requirements.
• Presents a professional manner and work closely with sales people to satisfy customer requirements.
• Maintains regular communication with sales and supervisor in order to report field problems and/or safety hazards.
• Maintains truck and equipment in a safe and operable condition at all times by performing daily and periodic mechanical and safety inspections.
• Maintain driver’s hours of service by using Telogis and/or paper log book reporting.
• Keeps current on safety techniques and take advantage of all opportunities to improve driving and safety skills.
• Recognizes and avoids safety hazards in the work environment.
• Responsible for answering Company-issued cell phones during on call hours, in accordance with Company and safety policies.
• Any other duty, responsibility or task assigned by supervisor.
About the company