- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Wind Lead Field Commissioning Specialist - Renewables
Renewable Energy Onshore Wind Americas
GE Renewable Energy
You will include all activities and direct management of Commissioning TA’s assigned, relating to Equipment and Technical support activities on a GE Wind Farm Commissioning site.
As the Wind Lead Field Commissioning Specialist, you will:
- Directly be responsible for the Site Wind Commissioning activities assigned by the Site, Project, or Commissioning Manager from Project startup through Project Completion
- Ability to communicate with Customer and Contractor in a professional manner, promoting a cohesive environment to work together as a team for the site’s success
- Must have a positive and proactive attitude, effective time management and initiative/personal drive to perform all required tasks
- Facilitate and reinforce a positive safety culture as it pertains safety procedures and protocols issued to the site that affect his / her scope of responsibilities in accordance with the Wind EHS Outage Plan
- Effectively manage available site resources and verify TA's are trained to ensure successful completion of the contractual obligations as it relates to the Commissioning phase of the project
- Evaluate, mentor and develop prospective Installation leads from within current field personnel base
- Work with the Site Manager, Project Engineers, and Commissioning Manager as required to review and implement all applicable Commissioning documents and processes and verify technical compliance from all parties
- Attend Technical Advisory Meetings and disseminate all information to subordinates at the site level
- While assigned to a project, represent GE in a responsible and professional manner with integrity and by exercising good judgment, both during work hours and off work hours. Manage time and assigned resources responsibly to ensure successful completion of the site goals and objectives
- Must understand and be proficient in all mechanical, electrical, and Commissioning activities
- Initial site setup for Commissioning activities
- Parts ordering processes
- Strong Schematic Interpretation skills
- Ensure TA’s and blade techs are completing and signing required job book documents
- Report daily progress to SM to update POD, as this is communicated to the Business and Customer
- Work with Site Manager to issue Turbine Completion and Park Readiness Reports in accordance with contractual language
- Other Duties as assigned by North America Project Commissioning Manager to include providing Technical Support to other GE entities such as MCE, Service, Top Issues, Product Development, and Engineering Teams
The Wind Lead Field Commissioning Specialist is responsible for execution of all commissioning activities and documentation processes on North Americas Wind Commissioning Projects. You will work closely with and report to the North America Projects Commissioning Manager to ensure the development and training of project lead personnel.
- Bachelor's or Technical degree in a related discipline from an accredited university or college, or a High School Diploma / GED with at least 2 years of experience in Wind Field Projects Commissioning with Converter Trained Experience
- Ability and willingness to work across multiple business functions
- Ability and willingness to climb Wind Turbine Generators and Work at Height as needed
- Ability and willingness to work on weekends and holidays support as needed
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a valid US passport
- Ability and willingness to maintain a valid driver’s license
- Knowledgeable in Wind Turbine Installation processes.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint or other standard business-required programs.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with GE Energy Wind Installation processes and procedures
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Strong understanding of wind turbine construction, repair, troubleshooting, and commissioning.
- Ability to motivate support groups and convey urgency in customer needs and concerns.
- Ability to mentor and train new Commissioning TA’s and Commissioning leads
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Remote, All Other Locations
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- ms project
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.