- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Wind Lead Field Installation Specialist - Renewables
Renewable Energy Onshore Wind Americas
GE Renewable Energy
You will include all activities and direct management of Installation TA’s assigned, relating to Equipment and Technical support activities on a GE Wind Farm Installation site.
As the Wind Lead Field Installation Specialist, you will:
- Directly responsible for the Site Wind Installation activities assigned by the Site, Project or Installation Manager from project mobilization through mechanical completion
- Ability to communicate with Customer and Contractor in a professional manner
- Positive and Proactive attitude, effective time management and initiative/personal drive to perform all required tasks
- Facilitate and reinforce a positive safety culture
- Work with the Site Manager, Project Engineers and Installation Manager as required to review and implement all applicable installation documents and processes and verify technical compliance with a minimum of one daily visit to conduct in process verification of each of the onsite activities, during all phases of Wind Turbine Installation
- Prepare and facilitate the Pre-Installation Meeting
- Attend weekly Technical Advisor Meetings and War Room calls
- Attend and support Installation RFR Meeting.
- Execution of assigned RFR processes and documenting in DPRO
- Utilize the ServiceNow system to document and request guidance for all technical issues
- While assigned to a project, represent GE in a responsible and professional manner with integrity and by exercising good judgment, both during work hours and off work hours. Manage time and assigned resources responsibly to ensure successful completion of the site goals and objectives.
- Understand the correct process for completing Installation Job Books in GE BOX and QMS audit expectations/requirements.
- Other Duties as assigned by North America Project Installation Manager
The Wind Lead Field Installation Specialist is responsible for execution of all installation activities and documentation processes on North Americas Wind Installation Projects. You will work closely with and report to the North America Projects Installation Manager to ensure the development and training of project lead personnel.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline from an accredited university or college, or a High School Diploma / GED with at least 3 years of experience in Wind Field Projects Installation
- Ability and willingness to work across multiple business functions
- Ability and willingness to climb Wind Turbine Generators and Work at Height as needed
- Ability and willingness to work on weekends and holidays support as needed
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a valid US passport
- Ability and willingness to maintain a valid driver’s license
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Understand all GE Energy Wind Installation processes and procedures
- Computer proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint or other standard business required programs
- Communication and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and self-starter
- Ability to motivate support groups and convey urgency in customer needs and concerns.
- Ability to mentor and train new Installation TA’s and Installation leads
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earth’s most abundant resources – the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water – to power the world’s biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, we’re proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Remote, All US Locations
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
- ms project
About the company
GE is building the world by providing capital, expertise and infrastructure for a global economy. GE Capital has provided billions in financing so businesses can build and grow their operations and consumers can build their financial futures. We build appliances, lighting, power systems and other products that help millions of homes, offices, factories and retail facilities around the world work better.