- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- null US
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Windows Systems Administrator is responsible for provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational security policies, standards and procedures.
This individual is accountable for the Windows systems that support the Command NAVAIR RDT&E infrastructure; Windows and Application systems that support Wireless LAN projects;
This position is in China Lake or Pt. Mugu, CA.
• Microsoft Windows Server Operating System Setup, Configuration, and Administration
• Domain Controller Setup, Configuration, and Administration
• Creating and Maintaining Group Policy Objects
• DoD 8570 Certification - Security+ or equivalent
• Experience in administering, installing, designing, troubleshooting, and supporting IEEE 802.11 compliant wireless networks.
• Experience with Mobile Device Management / Mobile Application Management Solutions and wireless
• Responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating systems on servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements
• Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
• Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
• Ensures server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Develops and promotes standard operating procedures
• Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
• Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation
• Department of Defense Cybersecurity Practices (E.G. . . . Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) approved Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs), DISA Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) Vulnerability Scanner, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker and Security Readiness Review (SRR) scripts.)
• Ability to work in both team and individual environments.
• Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent documentation and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize and work independently. Salary Range: - Relocation: Travel:
About the company