- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Smith's Food and Drug
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Maintain familiarity with adult beverage product names, pronunciation, origin and definition of industry terms.
- Inform customers of beer/wine/liquor specials.
- Offer product samples, consistent with company guidelines and applicable laws, to help customers discover new items or products inquired about.
- Recommend beer/wine/liquor items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Assist customers with pairing of wine and other items such as meat, cheeses, desserts etc.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness; review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe scheduled shift operating hours.
- Assist with building displays in accordance with Company and store standards.
- Condition all products in assigned sections according to store and Company policy.
- Assist with backroom organization and cleanliness.
- Ensure that all current merchandising, customer service, cash control, labor control, expense and supply controls, loss prevention, maintenance, safety, food safety, associate and customer engagement rules are being followed.
- Promote sales through intercom announcements.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction.
- Current alcohol sellers permit/servers, if applicable, once employed
- Must be able to meet the minimum physical demands of the position.
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Beer/Wine/Liquor experience
- Knowledge of imported and domestic varieties, the flavor profiles and how they are made
- Knowledge of industry trends in specialty wines and beers as they relate to the customer
- Retail experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing.
Jobs at Smith's:A division of the Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR) one of the nation’s largest grocery retailers, Smith’s currently operates 139 stores and 95 fuel stations throughout seven western states. Smith’s charitable giving, in partnership with 18,000+ associates, generous customers and suppliers, totaled $13.8 million in cash and food products to local organizations in 2015. For more information visit: www.smithsfoodanddrug.com or https://www.facebook.com/careerarsmiths.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: NV||Reno|| 750 S Meadows Pkwy ||89521 || Smith's Food and Drug||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Grocery; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.