- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Fred Meyer
Select and order wine and beer, assist customers, and provide product information. Role model and demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model "Customer 1st" behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Provide information on products to aid customers in purchasing wine and beer products
- Select, order, and purchase wine and beer products
- Maintain compliance with corporate policies/divisional standards; signing, recovery, shrink control, stockroom, fixtures usage and maintenance standards
- Coordinate merchandising of the department floor and maintain merchandising standards
- Prepare and submit seasonal critiques
- Communicate competitor's activities to the buying and merchandising staff
- Process mail and maintain department books
- Monitor overstock/understock conditions to maintain ordering system integrity
- Monitor daily/weekly sales
- Maintain condition of the facilities and adhere to all safety guidelines/standards
- Maintain salvage procedures, quality ordering functions, and shipping/receiving procedures, including Shipping/Receiving Log audit
- Manage the inventory process
- Promote and follow Company initiatives
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus a minimum of two years retail and/or wholesale wine experience and two years customer service experience; or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize tasks/projects
- Familiarity with wine and beer production terms and processes
- Familiarity with foreign product names, pronunciation, and meaning of applicable foreign terms
- Ability to continue education
- State Server Permit
- Fred Meyer lift truck certification/license
- Any licenses or certificates required by federal and/or state
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- Second language-- Spanish
- Related retail experience
Jobs at Fred Meyer:Based in Portland, Oregon with over 130 stores throughout Oregon, Washington, Idaho & Alaska, Fred Meyer offers one-stop shopping with store employment opportunities in apparel, home, food, pharmacy and home electronics as well as opportunities in our division office in merchandise and product development, store operations, customer communications, public affairs, food and pharmacy. We are always searching for individuals who share our passion for service, leadership, honesty and diversity. Whether you like working with people, numbers or ideas, you can find a home at Fred Meyer. And with stores and offices across the Pacific Northwest, we have opportunities for talented individuals if you prefer to be closer to the mountains, ocean, or city.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WA||Everett|| 12906 Bothell Everett Hwy ||98208 || Fred Meyer||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
- customer service
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.