- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Oklahoma City
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
OKC Electrical Design Integration is seeking experience electrical wire design engineers. The candidate will mentor and coach lesser experience engineers providing knowledge transfer to aid in growing our next generation of engineers. The candidate will provide engineering and technical decisions for Boeing Military Aircraft, Military Derivative Aircraft (AEW&C, AWACS, C-32/C-40, E-4B, VC-25A, B-1B, B-2, B-52 and others) and diverse projects. Assignments will provide an excellent opportunity to learn electrical design integration on the various platforms.
Other job responsibilities may include
- Develops and maintains cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs.
- Analyzes results and performs design reviews.
- Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas).
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
- Develops basic statements of work.
- Participates in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Analyzes functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design.
- Works under general mentorship.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry required.
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- This position requires that you work out of Oklahoma City, OK. This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time as required.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- BDS Engineering Internal Candidates Desired
- Active U.S. Security Clearance
- Previous experience in the defense or aerospace industry
- Previous experience in Electrical Harness/Cable/Wire Design and Routing
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
About the company
As we enter our second century, Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.