- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Apply now »
Wrap/Packing Maintenance Mechanic B
LOCATION: Yorkville, IL, US, 60560
JOB CATEGORY: Supply
REQUISITION NUMBER: 211443
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
Ability to troubleshoot various advanced pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical systems at the component level on all equipment. Properly maintain and repair equipment in a fast paced, high production work environment, while prioritizing multiple mechanical and administrative tasks on a consistent basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (each item should account for 10% or more)
- Capable of troubleshooting, repairing, and overhauling equipment within close tolerances.
- Perform routine mechanical problem-solving on packaging equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance (PM's) on packaging equipment with minimal guidance.
- Support Operations in equipment setup, changeover, and training of operators in Autonomous Maintenance (AM) activities.
- Possess an advanced understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic schematics, and mechanical drawings in order to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Welding, machinist, and fabrication skill sets as needed and required.
- Other duties include some fabrication, welding, and machinist skills, as required.
- Document Work Orders (WO)/PM's using computerized maintenance management system (SAP-PPM Plant Maintenance).
-Effectively communicate with machine operators, peers, supervisors, and all levels of management on a daily basis.
- Provide enthusiastic support where needed and complete other duties as assigned by Line Leader.
- Demonstrate engagement in Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Theory and Concepts through participation in Pillar Teams, training fellow Mechanics / Operators in AM activities, and conducting Breakdown Analysis.
-Understand and adhere to Lock-Out / Tag-Out (LOTO) procedures, confined space procedures, and all other plant safety/GMP requirements related to supporting machinery uptime.
- Possess essential personal tools needed to support mechanical ability.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY, RECOMMENDATIONS AND IMPACT
- Determine and implement corrective actions, adjustments or other necessary repairs to meet or exceed production and quality standards.
- Replace and/or repair equipment parts when they fail to function properly to meet or exceed production and quality standards.
- Dictate necessary instructions and/or directions
About the company
Mars is an American global manufacturer of confectionery, pet food, and other food products and a provider of animal care services, with US$33 billion in annual sales in 2015,and is ranked as the 6th largest privately held company in the United States