- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Company Name:Kroger Logistics
Responsible for safely transporting trailers to and from the adjoining yard to the DC docks so that product can be loaded, unloaded and stored. The company also requires that all employees perform al tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive truck to transport trailers to and from DC docks for loading, unloading and storage purposes.
- Conduct Driver's Daily Checklist on vehicle prior to start of each shift, reports any mechanical defects.
- Adhere to corporate, departmental and regulatory operations and safety standards.
- Maintain Class "A" Driver license, complies with all applicable Department of Transportation (D.O.T.) regulations.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations.
- Ability to carry out instructions given in written or oral form.
- Meets federal D.O.T. regulations including physical requirements and operational standards.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Ability to work varied shifts, weekends and overtime as business needs dictate.
- Commitment to safety in operating tractor trailer in congested yards, vigilant for safety of self and others and protection of company property.
Desired Previous Job Experience
- One year of prior driving experience operating tractor trailer vehicles.
Education Level:High School Diploma/GED Desired
Keywords: mt zion florence
Jobs at Kroger Logistics:Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1st Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: KY||Florence|| 251 East Mt Zion Road ||41042 || Kroger Logistics||None||Logistics/Supply Chain ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Full-Time|| None
About the company
Kroger, one of the world’s largest retailers, employs more than 339,000 associates who serve customers in 2,425 supermarkets and multi-department stores in 31 states under two dozen local banner names including Kroger, City Market, Dillons, Jay C, Food 4 Less, Fred Meyer, Fry's, King Soopers, QFC, Ralphs and Smith's. The company also operates 789 convenience stores, 337 fine jewelry stores, 1,109 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food processing plants in the U.S. Kroger also operates over 80 “The Little Clinic” retail healthcare sites inside select Kroger, King Sooper and Fry’s stores.
Recognized by Forbes as the most generous company in America, Kroger supports hunger relief, breast cancer awareness, the military and their families, and more than 30,000 schools and grassroots organizations in the communities it serves. Kroger contributes food and funds equal to 160 million meals a year through more than 80 Feeding America food bank partners. For more information please visit Kroger.com.